5/15/2008

Retro Cell Phone Handset - Old Skool for DJ's

Retro Mobile HandsetI gotta say I love this thing on a bunch of different levels. First and foremost it is absolutely ridiculous looking but in a way that will bring some welcome attention. In the same way that my retro Shure S55 "Elvis" mic sticks in peoples minds

I am a bluetooth Geek and have experienced the disapproving stares of people who feel bluetooth is somehow "rude" technology.
I actually had someone come up and ask me if I thought I was "so important that I had to be on the phone every second!" I took off my stereo headset so that she could hear the music streaming from my pocket and told her to mind her own business. I don't use my stereo bluetooth to mix though its just not efficient enough and the battery wears down long before the gig is done.

I also love this thing because one of the coolest retro DJ headphone set-ups has always been a stolen used handset from a pay phone wired to a 1/4" plug. One of the things that made this rig cool was the skill we had all developed (before phones became so damn tiny) was the shoulder hold. Anyway this set-up comes with a cell standard 2.5mm plug and adaptors for several popular phones. Radio shack sells 2.5mm-1/4" adapters so I am buying one for my DJ set-up. You will need one of these adapters if you plan to use this thing for DJ'ing.
They're only $19.99 marked down from $29.99 at WowZzers. Click the picture above to get the full story!

Visit our Friends at skanteck.com,djgreggiec.com and JHatchDJ.com