2/09/2011

Square – Accept credit card payments with your mobile phone

Still looking for a solution for accepting credit cards? Not happy with PayPal for any number of reasons (I personally LOVE Paypal but hey that's me!) Well check out Square, Inc. It will allow you take a credit card payment with or without the card present (different fees apply) from any iPhone, Android mobile device.


Square is a revolutionary service that enables anyone to accept credit cards anywhere. Square offers an easy to use, free credit card reader that plugs into a phone or iPad. It's simple to sign up. There is no extra equipment, complicated contracts, monthly fees or merchant account required.


The most useful part of this is the ability to swipe a card anywhere, anytime.

Even if you don't use it for your business you can use it for garage sales, bake sales, fundraisers, whatever.

For research purposes I signed up and less than 48 hours later my "card reader" is on the way! When it arrives I'll post some in hand pics and run a transaction to give you some useful feedback.


Square – Accept credit card payments with your mobile phone



1000's of products in stock!

2 comments:

  1. Not when there is no internet connection which often there is not when the wedding is held in a rural location as many are. For this reason, if the client will be paying the balance with a card, it is in my contract that it must be done no later than the day before, otherwise I cannot process or verify a card payment. Thus, this type of solution is absolutely no good for me as a wedding dj as much as I wish it were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works with cell service, 3G, or 4G as well so you dont need internet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You also please visit The USDJ Network,Friend us on Facebook