Another dance lesson for you and all you have to do is listen to the directions in the song!
Here is how to do:
THE CHA CHA SLIDE
(Main steps: 1-4)
1) “Turn It Out” or “Let’s Go To Work” are the key phrases indicating the start of the
electric slide. Turn to the rt. then 3 steps to the rt. and clap. Then 3 steps to the left and clap. Then 3 steps back and clap.
2) “Hop”-You hop forward with your feet spread apart the # of times dictated in the song. (Anywhere from 1 to 6 times)
3) “Stomp”-A hard step forward, first with your right foot then your left. This maybe done more than once also.
4) “Cha-Cha”-4 Steps. (1) forward with the rt. foot (2) forward with the lf. foot (3) back with the rt. foot (4) back with the lf. foot. You will cha-cha anywhere from 1 to 4 times, depending on the song.
5) “Criss-Cross”-Cross your legs and back again-2 beats. (1) X (2) l l.
6) “Reverse”-Hop and do a 180 degree turn.
7) “Slide”-One step to left or right depending on the song. (Advanced dancers drag your opposite foot-it looks cool)
8) “Charlie Brown”-Not Sure? I do the monkey (move my arms up & down…left-right- left-right etc.) 8 beats.
9) There are a few other self-explanatory steps-clapping, etc.
That’s it. It sounds confusing but once you get the song and do it a few times you’ll see how easy it is.
Kaydee says... "It's The Best instructional video for Cha Cha Slide on Youtube!"
Can't wait? Go to http://www.youtube.com/discjockeystube and subscribe to our videos, RATE THEM, and hey while you are there, leave a comment or two!